Scoping Period for Proposed Coal Port in B’ham at Cherry Point Opens. Time to Act Begins!
Provided by CoalTrainFacts.org: On Friday, September 21, a Notice of Intent was issued for the preparation of an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Gateway Pacific Terminal at Cherry Point, WA. The Federal Register announcement can be found here. The EIS will be prepared in accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and the Washington State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA).
The public has an opportunity during the “scoping period” to comment on the range of actions, alternatives and potential impacts associated with the proposed coal port. Basic information on writing comments can be found on the scoping page ofcoaltrainfacts.org. Scoping will begin on Monday September 24, 2012 and continue until Monday January 21, 2013.
Comments can be submitted either online, mailed, or in person at public scoping meetings.
Emails can be sent to: email@example.com
Letters: Mr. Randel Perry; U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Seattle District; Care of: GPT/BNSF Custer Spur EIS Co-Lead Agencies; 1100 112th Avenue Northeast, Suite 400; Bellevue, Washington 98004
Public Scoping Meetings:
- 10/27/12 – At Squalicum High School, 3773 East McLeod Road, Bellingham, WA 98226 from 11am-3pm
- 11/3/12 – At Friday Harbor High School, 45 Blair Avenue, Friday Harbor, WA 98250 from 12am-3pm
- 11/5/12 – At McIntyre Hall, 2501 East College Way, Mount Vernon, WA 98273 from 4pm-7pm
- 11/13/12 – At North Seattle Community College, 9600 College Way North, Seattle, WA 98103 from 4pm-7pm
- 11/29/12 – At Ferndale Events Center, 5715 Barrett Road, Ferndale, WA 98248 from 3pm-7pm
- 12/4/12 – At Spokane County Fairgrounds, 404 North Havana Street, Spokane Valley, WA 99202 from 4pm-7pm
- 12/12/12 – At Clark College, Graiser Student Center, 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Vancouver, WA 98663 from 4pm-7pm
A website has been set up for a continuous online scoping meeting at www.eisgatewaypacificwa.gov