[Janet Rayor submitted this today, pointing out how we can support some companies that have taken a stand against Tar Sands oil. Thank you, Janet!]
Economics is one of the strongest ways to change policies. Below are companies who have agreed publicly to move towards zero Tar Sands Oil usage and to petition their suppliers to use alternative sources. These companies often endure backlash from the oil companies–which translates into upfront enormous losses.
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Gap Inc.
- Levi Strauss & Co.
- Liz Claiborne Inc.
- LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics
- Trader Joe’s
- Whole Foods
Let’s support these companies by:
- Buying or using their products or services.
- Loudly tell personnel in the store why you are buying there/using them/buying that product.
- Let your Facebook and email contacts know about these companies.
- Write a thank you to the corporate heads. (I will follow with a list of emails/addresses.)
Forest Ethics is the incredible organization that has worked so hard to get these companies to sign on. They are making real differences in climate change by working directly with corporations.